Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rom 6:4

First, let me apologize for not having any visual aids. Appears my camera was taken from my carry on during the last leg of our flight to Zambia...

...Today - we went to a growing rural church. This church has always welcomed us and the pastor always encourages me to come back anytime. So - today, I brought my wife along and I preached from Romans 6 - to "walk in newness of life". The church was packed (96)! It felt great to get back to Zambia and begin preaching regularly again.

The preaching went well and the Holy Spirit brought conviction! We had a handful of both men and women come forward... praise the LORD! It was a joy to see my wife take the ladies in a back room to counsel them, bring them through some Scripture, pray with them and lead 3 of them to a place of faith and repentance in our Great God and Saviour! What a wonderful God! And, what a blessed man I am to have such a Spirit-filled wife!


Please pray for the 4 people that received Christ as Saviour today!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

What a wonderful "first" service for your wife!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you guys!
I will definitely be praying about the camera :(
~orange girl

Unknown said...

that's great!!! glad you guys got back safely as well...

Unknown said...

The Lord is really moving!!I'm so happy you are both allowing God to use you in such a mighty way. We'll keep you in our prayers and ya'll remember our church in Wilmer, AL too. People are getting saved right and left-from 5 years old to 70! It's awesome. We had 7 people baptized before the service Sunday and a line of people saved and wanting to join the Church after the service. They have prayed for an open door and God is keeping His promise by not allowing anyone to shut it! Praise God!

Edith said...

Savannah, I am so proud for the both of you. I pray that God can use in in a mighty as a wife and as a christian.

Kevin P said...

Praise the LORD! Thank you for the encouragement and prayers!!

1 Timothy 1:17