Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kangololo Baptist Church

There are some times when traveling two hours to church is not so bad - for instance, this last Sunday we went pretty far into the bush to a church called Kangololo. It has only been in existence for a couple years. The church itself was planted by a Zambian pastor - he asked me a few months ago to come, visit, and really encourage the people. I was not excited about going just because the road was in awful shape.
To my surprise - the road had been repaired! After driving two hours, it is nice to be "fresh" and ready to preach. Although have the road in good condition was great, having 1 person get saved and three repent, was truly the wonderful part of the day. Praise the LORD!
Church is not exactly in good shape. After the rains this year, the walls fell down and the church was forced to erect a very humble grass and branch church. They saved up some money, burnt some bricks, and began plans for a more permanent structure. Well, the man they hired to do the brick work stole the money and the bricks they were working on fell apart. Guess there are some days that are just better than others...

1 comment:

Janice said...

OOOHHH!!! I am just itching to get there!!!

Read your status, and makes me think twice about it, but all in all I can handle the heat... I think!!!

Cant wait to see you guys!