Saturday, January 22, 2011

thanks for the shoe

Today I had a meeting with my neighbors and the leadership of the Islamic school (Omar, Mohammed, & Rashad). It turns out some kids from the Muslim school / Mosque are jumping the wall fence into my yard and venturing out. I happened to catch a kid in the act just a couple days ago as he was climbing my mango tree to escape the dogs! He was running away in such a hurry his shoe fell off. I decided to be a good neighbor and return his shoe to the school principal :-)

The meeting went quite well. Again, I feel the Lord is giving opportunity as subtle as they may be. As I was standing in this vast Muslim compound waiting for my meeting, I took the opportunity to pray for the almost 200 students being taught there. Would you pray with me that God would transform the people of the Eastern Province through the working of the Holy Spirit?

(Eph 6:18-19) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; {19} And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Will pray for you about this!

Brian said...

I really shouldn't be amazed that God can use a shoe as a tool for ministry opportunities, but that really is quite something! :)

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome story :) Will be praying.
~Andrea Brado

A. DeCroce said...

I would love to pray that God continues to use everyday opportunities for you to minister to those that do not know the Lord. God is limitless.