Sunday, February 20, 2011

they will come...

We visited Nmoro Baptist Church this last Sunday. This church is located a good 20 kilometers out of town and with the bridge being out we made use of the 4 wheel drive to get there. Normally the church starts around 9:00am - however, when we arrived and waited we realized nobody was coming this morning. We were notified of a funeral in a nearby village. Zambian tradition pretty much requires that everyone attends the funeral...which can last 3 or 4 full days. We waited another hour just in cast someone decided to come and then I started to preach to the pastor and my wife. After a few minutes, some people started coming in and we probably ended with 15 or 20 in attendance. I am thankful we didnt just leave because of poor attendance. We had 4 come for prayer and counsel! We rejoice in being a part of what God is doing.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so everyone knows, Analiese doesn't have her hands out to say, "Somebody take me!" She puts her hands out as if to say, "Hey! Look at me!" :-)
She actually really likes Pastor Benson :)

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

I don't know about that. I think she was letting you know "You have about two seconds to come get me before I start crying."

Love the Institute logo. I usually view your blog in the reader so I had not seen it before. Like the name too!