Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Opportunity

I was invited by a friend to preach at his church - I didn't really know much about the church which sometimes makes it difficult to know what to expect. In my personal reading I continue to see the Lord trying to get His people to grow and take steps of faith but in many instances it is like the people just refuse.

I decided to preach a message that hopefully would encourage the church people to be faithful followers of Jesus Christ using the text from Luke 9:23. The Lord really seemed to speak to our hearts and many tears were shed during the service.

It is always wonderful to see God speak to the hearts of people. It is our prayer these people will truly grow and take those steps of faith that will make them true followers of Christ! What about you - are you a faithful follower or a fake follower? This was not a church we would normally go to but the Lord gave opportunity and I believe was glorified through it!

No comments: