Tuesday, February 12, 2013

transition

We have a Bible study that normally meets twice a month on Sunday afternoons for ex-pats living in the Chipata area. Many of the people that come are working with NGOs and have 1 or 2 year contracts to stay in Chipata. Of course, that means many of the people transition in and out of our little study. There are a couple families that seem to be long term in Chipata which brings the stability and allows us some continuity of thought! A couple months ago a family from Paris left Chipata and now this week a single man from Chicago is leaving us.
The picture below doesnt really represent well since at least 2 full families are missing along with a few of the men that normally come and single folks. We are always keeping our eyes open for those we can invite in with the hopes of encouraging them with God's word for as long as they are here! We are inching our way through a verse by verse study of Colossians and really trying to fully understand what the Lord would have for us. Please pray the Lord would work in each of our hearts as we study His word!


Psalms 119:105  NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalms 119:140  Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Psalms 119:160  Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You titled you entry Transitions. I just updated a Bible study that will help you call the
BE-Attitudes.

I have lived several lives each one with a transition. I have been pleading for years, "Transitions are rough. How can I get a smooth transition!" The Lord our God answered my questioned My last transition began in May 2011! This is 2013?

I have written an exhaustive study of the beatitudes which answered my question. I used the King James Version. I wrote the BE-Attitudes and I highly recommend you and others to read it.