Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lord's Supper at Big Tree

We have been teaching on the Lord's Supper as spoken of in the Scripture. Over the last few weeks we have gone through 1 Corinthians as well as the Gospel accounts of when Jesus breaks bread with His disciples. We spoke of the purpose of the ordinance and why it is so important for the church to remember the death and sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Yesterday, we decided to go forward with having the Lord's Supper celebration! It turned out to be a tremendous time and I truly believe a very reflective time in which we all re-focused on the immense love of God shown in the death and suffering of His Son. I know the service deeply impacted and renewed in me a greater desire to again fix my heart on following Jesus. 

There was roughly 80 people in attendance and maybe 60-70% participated. Although I dont know the hearts of the people that did not participate, it always surprises me when people choose to pass it by. Although there is a warning not to partake "unworthily" I am pretty sure Paul was encouraging us to a place of reconciliation, repentance, and right living and not simply a place of refusal.

Please be praying for us as we truly desire to see all of these people walking in the Spirit and allowing God's Word to influence and direct their lives. 


No comments: