Monday, November 13, 2006

Vision Bible Baptist

This last weekend, John Sarra and I traveled to Lusaka to participate in a small conference including some 7 churches and roughly 300 people. We arrived Saturday morning and preached and taught until mid afternoon. Had a great time opening God's word and seeking to know the Lord more deeply.
John was able to distribute boxes full of Bibles and evangelistic tracts as well as a wheelchair. There are sometimes in life when life seems more difficult than others. As I go through the struggles of my daily life and the complications of my father's cancer, I
often feel weighted down. Yet, this weekend was refreshing for me - one great reason - perspective. We were able to give a wheelchair to a girl in the congregation that was unable to attend school because she had no wheelchair. After the girl came forward to receive the wheelchair we found out her name is "Misozi", which means in Nyonga "tears". We later found out her mother died in childbirth and thus the name was given. The girl was deeply moved by the gift and could not speak because of the emotion of the moment.
As thankful as I was for being allowed to be used of God and see the Lord move through the people at the preaching of His word, this weekend - I saw Jesus in the face of a girl named "Tears". I will not soon forget Misozi. She is an overachiever! In a world of difficulty for the non-handicapped, she has struggled just to exist in a nation that has little symp
othy for her type. To God be the Glory - as Jesus said, "neither did she sin, nor her parents: but that the works of God should be manifest" (John 9:3).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. Perspective is everything. Thanks for the timely reminder.