Monday, November 19, 2007

getting closer!!

I did it! Yikes - it took some time in prayer and meditation but I finally hit the "book it" button this morning. I now own a one-way ticket from John F Kennedy airport to the capital city of Zambia! I will leave NYC at 10:30 pm on January 15th and arrive in Lusaka on January 17th at 6:50 am.

Please pray for the following:
1 - to wrap up a million loose ends before the end of the year
2 - to see more churches get on board and excited about what God is doing in Africa
3 - for the Lord to provide more labourers for the harvest
4 - for the Lord Jesus Christ to be lifted up in every aspect!

8 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

This news is bittersweet for me...

We need to get together more in the next few months.

I love you bro. and am really happy for you! You continue to be my example for Christ-following.

Aaron Putney said...

Praise the Lord, excited to see what God will do in your last stages of preparation. Oh, for the day I get to click that book it button!

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Kevin - Africans always ask for a "remembrance" -

In the spirit of that...

"You give me your GPS for remembrance?"

Anonymous said...

Wow Kev...this is so exciting and kinda sad all at the same time. Was just thinking, it doesn't seem all that long ago you started deputation...The Lord has blessed you. I will be praying for all the loose ends to fall into place.

Anonymous said...

do you think you'll ever get married and have a wife to minister with?

Kevin P said...

(Luke 1:37) For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz!!

I am glad that I was able to see you before you leave. I just watched your video and think it is amazing what you are doing. Let me know if you need some new pants in the next four years. LOL. I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You will be sorely missed. Keep your eyes on HIM and you will be blessed. Being married, can be a busy life and add children to that and forget it. God apparently wants YOU! Give HIM your ALL. HE is the most important "love of lifetime". Smile (K)