Monday, July 28, 2008

God's Will

I love the name of this church - this last Sunday, I preached at a church entitled, "God's Will Bible Baptist Church". It has been many years since I have last visited this church. According to the pastor, there were a couple families that just left due to doctrinal issues but for the most part the church seems excited and desiring to fulfill "God's will". This may seem obvious but knowing God's will seems like a good reason for coming to church.
The church is located in one of the town centers - most of my effort is usually directed toward bush churches. Coming back into town for a Sunday service was a nice change of pace. I preached a message from Mark 8 - many responded as the pastor and his wife counseled. It was just a good day to be at church!

1 comment:

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

So, I guess I'm the last to wish you Happy Birthday. Sorry about that! It's good to read that you enjoyed your day. Happy belated birthday!