Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Moses Bible Baptist Church

I visited a new church on Sunday called Moses BBC. The pastor is a graduate from our Bible Institute and excited about the ministry. Pastor Fordson's church actually started on time - no small feat here in Zambia. The people were full of excitement, singing with their hearts, and listening as the word of God was preached. The spirit of the church was excited and one that truly seemed to want to know God - it was very refreshing. I preached a message on faith from James 2 - a few people came forward.
After some time, we all sat down and I looked out and saw a young man with a real look of pain on his face. The formalities of church were just finishing up - I asked my interpreter if after we were all done he would go and try to encourage and help this young man. After about 30 minutes, my interpreter came back and said, 'he got saved!!". Guess that explained his look of pain. Praise the LORD for this little church. They are growing and people are coming to the knowledge of the truth!

No comments: