Sunday, August 02, 2009

a late start

We were invited to preach at Chilimililo Bible Baptist Church today. I was told by the pastor the service should start around 10:30. Well... he was a bit off. Church started just at noon!! I must admit, I was not impressed.

After some singing, announcements, and the offering - I was given a chance to preach. Only about 36 people were in attendance for this small church. I preached from 1 Corinthian 10 warning the people of the dangers of allowing sin to stay.... don't be ignorant. We had a couple people respond. It is always good to see people hear, receive, and respond to God's word.

Although not many in attendance, it was a special Sunday for us as one very special person was there. This was the first Sunday my mother was here. It is wonderful to have her here!! She arrived safely although a bit tired on Friday afternoon. She was able to get some rest and is now jumping in and enjoying the ministry here at the mission! Savannah and I are very much looking forward to the next 6 weeks of having 'mom' with us!

No comments: