Thursday, July 30, 2009

All too common

This morning I was asked to preach at a funeral/burial service. My wife and I arrived at the funeral house at 10 am... there was some singing and words spoken by both sides of the family. I was then given a chance to preach from God's word - the message was simple... Turn To Jesus!

Death is a common occurrence. As I was at the burial site - I wondered how many others around the world were being buried at the same exact time? Although so very common, it seems to hit each time with fresh vigor. Today's funeral was for a 9 month old baby of one of our Pastor's. From what I was told, the child was in good health on Monday, by Tuesday he was not feeling well, by Wednesday he was dehydrated... it was Wednesday night the pastor told me his little boy had died.

Please pray for this man (Pastor Collins) and his family. I have often heard the phrase that a parent should never have to bury their own children. After seeing the sorrow on their face I could only pray God would put his arms of comfort around them all.

No comments: