Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Chance Encounter

Yesterday I picked up a man that needed to come and do some work in our house. I happened to pick him at the exact time the Muslim loud speakers were blaring the call to prayer. When he entered the vehicle I asked if he was a Muslim - he responded that he had been for the last 8 years. Well, we were alone in the vehicle and I thought to discuss this more. We spent about 20 minutes or so discussing the differences between Islam and Christianity. He told me one of the draws to Islam was how much Muslims pray and how Christians only think of God on Sunday...ouch!

We had a good discussion and hopefully I gave him some things to think about. On the way out, I asked if he would read a New Testament if I gave him one. So, now my Muslim friend is in firm possession of the clear writings of the Lord Jesus Christ. We shall see now how God works! Please pray for this man.

1 comment:

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

That's my son-in-law! No chance encounter - God had it planned all along - so proud to be your mother-in-law. I'm sure everyone around here is tired of hearing how excited I am about you making friends and witnessiing to Muslims. I guess I'll know it's time to hush when they stop asking about you :)