Wednesday, February 01, 2012

running

I recently preached a message from Hebrews 12:1-2 on "running the race". Although the service was not very well attended, those at Church did seem to be encouraged. I gave testimony about a 5k that I ran years ago and when I finished the race I realized I really was not all that tired. At first I just assumed it was because I was in top shape but when I really stopped to think about it, I realized I was not all that tired because I didnt run all that hard. My time was good. I placed well. But I knew I could have done better. 

For many of us, the same is true spiritually. We are doing ok. We are moving forward. But, for many of us, we really could do better. I hope I dont get to the end of my spiritual run and know I could have done more...no more walking, I want to RUN!



No comments: