Tuesday, July 17, 2012

impressed

At the end of the conference on Sunday there were a group of people waiting to jump in the back of my pick-up truck... of course, they always squeeze more in than seems possible but somehow I am getting use to it! I asked where they wanted to be dropped and they said something about the tar-mac. So, off we went. It is a 10k ride just to the tar-mac so I could see why they wanted a ride. Once at the junction I made the mistake of thinking that is where they lived. I was wrong. We continued down the tar-mac road for probably another 15km before a portion of them jumped out. I was surprised to see a solid handful still remaining and needing to go further. Again, I assumed it would be just down the road. Wrong again. We drove for probably another 15-20 km before this last group was dropped off. That was about 2pm. In all, that last group would have walked 35-40 km (25miles) to get home and likely would not have reached home until VERY late.
Yes, I realize another vehicle might have picked them on the way home and greatly expedited their journey but that is not a guarantee. Talk about making a sacrifice. Impressed. Now I know why they were singing the whole way home! 


No comments: