Saturday, September 23, 2006

Football

The men from our Bible Institute have formed a football (soccer) team. From what I could tell, there is a group of talented men able to do some fancy things with a ball. So, last Sunday we organized a game between the men from the Bible Institute (NSBI Bullets) and the men from some of the local villages (Saints). Although the Bullets team was missing a few key players, I thought they would keep things interesting. However, I was greatly mistaken - the Saints defeated the Bullets 6-2! It was a humbling experience for all involved. So, we decided a rematch was necessary hoping the addition of some missing players would even the balance of power. On Friday, the Bullets again played the Saints. I was able to provide cleats, socks, shin guards, and red jerseys for the team --- they looked good! Unfortunately, looking good was about all that happened. The Saints again defeated the Bullets by a score of 7-2! Although there are many reasons why they lost, I am hoping the losses are attributed to the men's dedication to studying the Scripture and not having enough time for games :)
Below is a picture of both teams - the NSBI Bullets and the Village Saints.





















..

4 comments:

-Amy- said...

Unfortunately, my fantasy football team only looks good too - I lost terribly this week! I have high hopes though, you should too! ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes the guys look quite dapper in red, Gift too!!
Is that your Montreal tee I see? :o)

Anonymous said...

tell the team they must have needed that crazy mizungoo? to help them beat the villagers!

I'm almost as good as Rinaldo!

Kevin P said...

It is my Montreal shirt - nice eyes! We were running out of shirts to make the team look good! Always willing to do my part :)
JW - I know the team feels at a lost without your Rinaldo like skills...