Monday, May 07, 2007

A good start

This past week was the beginning of 'deputation' for me. The process started about 1,000 miles from home in Kansas City. This was not a process I was particularly looking forward to but one I do see the benefits of. After just one week, I honestly can say I have learned some things about God. It was exhilarating to see the Lord provide in the unexpected - often we talk about Jeremiah 33:3 but seldom do many of us have experiences that match our understanding of that verse.
I was able to meet with a some pastors over the few days in Kansas City. Over the last few years, many people from the Kansas City area have visited the work in Zambia. I still remain friends with many but never have had the opportunity to visit the mid-west. My first trip out was not only a good reunion of friendships but also an exciting time of Christian fellowship. There seems to be a real bond that acts like a strong cohesive for those that have visited Kafulafuta and preached the gospel in the land of Africa.

No comments: