Monday, October 08, 2007

Brewster

Saturday afternoon, I was able to drive west to Brewster, Ohio. The pastor met me and we spent the evening with his family over a nice pizza dinner. It was evident early - this man is excited about what the Lord is doing throughout the world. As a missionary, it is refreshing to see local pastors get excited and make my mission field seem important to him and his church family.
Sunday morning - church started at 10:30 - we met in a small store front church with roughly 35-40 members. This church is only 5 months old and I had the privilege of being the first missionary to preach and present the work God has called me to!
We met after the service for lunch with the pastor, family, and some of the members - again, there was just a great excitement in the air to bring the name of Jesus Christ around the world and present the truths of God's word! I continue to be humbled by the love and great care received by so many of God's people . We so often talk about Christianity being a "family" of believers - but this experience on deputation has showed me the working of the body of Christ in a whole new manner - Praise the Lord for this group of faithful believers so willing to be used of God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! And Praise the LORD for showing you the working of the body of Christ in a whole new manner. HE is Awesome!

Aaron Putney said...

Exciting to hear! I am sure that is was a great time with a young zealous church with the souls of the world on their hearts. Praise the Lord!