Friday, January 04, 2008

Trust the Lord

Psalm 125:1 "they that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth forever." The issue of trusting the Lord is a recurrent theme throughout the Scripture. At the very base level each of us struggles with wholly committing our will and life to the Lord and authority of the Scripture. At a more practical level, many of us struggle with trusting the Lord with day to day issues and often don't even think of how we should trust God in each new circumstance. At a personal level, I find myself on the edge... leaving for Africa for the next 3-5 years, leaving behind family, leaving behind friends, leaving behind church, leaving behind country --- all of this begs the question - can I trust the Lord?

As the Psalmist writes, I could not help but think of mount Zion. A mountain is an immense object. A mountain is something that endures. Something that is of great strength. Something that can bring great security. We are told that trusting in the Lord is like a mountain - he emphatically states, "cannot be removed". With this in mind, trusting the Lord with my upcoming obstacles doesn't seem so difficult. In truth, trusting the Lord seems the only reasonable course of action. Trusting the Lord provides me with new stability, strength, and security... praise God, He does not leave us nor forsake us. Praise God, His position is not one of weakness but overwhelming strength.

7 comments:

Victoria said...

Praying for you, Kevin!

Anonymous said...

James 5:16

Kevin P said...

thanks for praying, effectually & fervently!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Rev,
Trust and obey, amen...cuz there's NO other way. Please know you will be lifted to the throne of Grace continually and keep us posted with your needs and requests. I couldn't help but think of Prov. 18:10 to go along with what you were talking about.
Love you Kev

Savannah said...

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 5:6

I am so happy for you! Tomorrow is a BIG day! I am praying for you.
You shall definitely be filled!

Dave said...

Kevin... First time at your site. Psalm 125:1 ... A great piece of scripture on trust. Thaks for the reminder! I shall be back! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.