Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ndola Baptist

A couple months ago I met a pastor of a local baptist church in Ndola. As most of you know, I dont spend much time in the towns and cities but mostly in the rural areas. We talked for some time and immediately I was impressed with his passion for the things of God. We talked about getting together but I lost his phone number and figured that was the end of it. Well, about 3 weeks ago we both happened to attend the same funeral. Again, we struck up a great conversation and he confirmed his original invitation to come and preach at his church.

This last Sunday I got to preach to about 325 of his members on the "stewardship of life". I mostly used the text from Genesis that talks about being your "brother's keeper". The Lord blessed and many were encouraged to take responsibility for our brothers and sisters... for after all - there is only one race - the human race.

Please pray for this church and Rev. Chanda and they continue to grow and seek God's will in all they do!

No comments: