Friday, March 20, 2009

Unexpected community service

Normally on Wednesday I take my students somewhere in the community to help clean, cut grass, and just basically help in any way possible. Well, this last Wednesday we began doing our normal work and after about 1 hour I heard someone yell, "snake!!". A poisonous tree snake had come out of the tree and was just under the front of my vehicle... when we tried to entice it out, it simply went up into the engine compartment. I was not excited about driving around with a snake laying somewhere under my hood!

Eventually we coerced the snake back down on the ground and I was able to strike the fatal blow! Looking back - we certainly did this little village a real "community service"!!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Kevin Pestke - missionary

Kevin Pestke - preacher of the gospel

Kevin Pestke - serpent slayer!

This is great.

-Alex

Steve Brown said...

Dude that is wrong! I have this phobia about driving over snakes because of things like this! This makes me realize even more that Kelly Sapp needs a butt beatin' for bringing those fake rubber snakes on our first trip to Zambia! Love you Kevin! Steve Brown