Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Acts 1:8

This last Sunday we decided to stay near the mission - Pastor Luwawa invited me to come and preach to his people (Kafulafuta Bible Baptist Church). The church is within walking distance and made it easy for Savannah and I to manage our first Zambian church service with our little daughter. Analiese was well celebrated as it has been a long time since having an infant (muzungu) child staying at the Kafulafuta area!

Services went well. God's word was preached. The message was on being a Great Commission church. Many churches in Zambia over the years look at themselves as the "mission field". Because of that belief, they have become very self-focused and dont see the harvest beyond their borders. I believe, once a church is planted, that church is no longer the mission field but has a responsibility to reach the mission field.We had a few respond to the message and many seemed stirred to want to reach their neighbor! Praise the LORD!

1 comment:

Brian said...

I got spoiled. I'm too used to Facebook where I can just click on the little "thumbs up" button. In the absence of said button... *Brian Likes This."