Thursday, July 05, 2007

Heading East

Appears the deputation trail is taking me from one end of the States to the other. After a great time in the Pacific Northwest, I am now traveling to Massachusetts to preach at a church as well as spend some time with family.
Romans 15:20 has continually been on my mind. To preach the gospel where Christ has not been named - just seems the natural and almost singular responsibility of the missionary. More and more the Lord seems to be showing me the absolute necessity of going places that are in true need of hearing the gospel. Let me clarify, everyone needs to hear - realize, so many people have the ability to hear, they just choose to ignore. My desire is to go places where they don't have the choice to receive or reject because the gospel has never been a choice... and I speak this to my shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of what I just read in Jim Elliot's biography :"Felt assured again the Lord is sending me to Ecuador, having no more place in the States since so many possess so much truth here."