Friday, June 29, 2007

Portland, Oregon

In driving from Bend to Portland I has to pass through the Mt. Hood National Park - wow, breathtaking. A nice secondary of this trip has been the diversity of God's creation and how glorious His handiwork truly is! Often I found myself simply in awe and worshipping the Lord for His amazing artistic glory!
The Greater Portland Baptist Church rolled out the red carpet for me. This is the last church I will visit on this trip to the Pacific Northwest. I must say, all of the churches treated me great but the Pastor and this church family went over the top. After the service on Wednesday night, I spent roughly 45-60 minutes talking with church members and feeling excited about all the Lord is going to do!
I would say this is the beginning of my deputation experience. I tried to enter this phase of my mission work with the desire to encourage and challenge believers to a greater walk with the Lord and a great passion for the unreached nations of this world. I am not sure if I accomplished that goal, but I do believe the Lord has stirred some hearts and hopefully awakened the church! Praise the LORD - I look forward to doing more and going further for the gospel and the Name of Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Trinity grads know how to get things done! Glad you had a great experience.