Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Lemba Bible Baptist

Over the last few months the rains have been quite heavy. However, over the last couple weeks the rains have subsided. Guess this lack of rain gave me a fall sense of security. I decided to visit Lemba BBC this last Sunday. I was warned the road was in terrible shape but I have seen some pretty bad roads and figured this couldn't be much worse... I was wrong!

The road was awful and a couple times we drove through long stretches of mud and water - in fact, when villagers would hear vehicles coming they would rush to the roadside to see them get stuck! Glad we could provide the entertainment :)

Arrived at the church and noticed a water mark on the church about 2 feet above the foundation. Sure enough, the pastor told me they had a two week period of time in which the whole area was under water. People were literally walking in two feet of water. Pastor Dalio said it lasted about 2 weeks before it finally gave way.

Although it was difficult - I was glad to be at this church. Pastor Dalio is going blind. He has lost most of his vision in the last few months and it appears there is nothing the medical services here in Zambia can do. (Please pray that his vision is not completely lost.) However, the spirit of this man remains fixed on God and he continues to serve with vigor and joy! I was encouraged! The service went well - had two people come forward to receive Christ and others that were edified at the preaching of God's word! Praise the LORD!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Wow! I still have a hard time picturing it all in my head covered in water. When we were there it was so green and beautiful. Beauty before the destruction of too much of a good thing!

Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

You might need to bring a canoe with you from now on. You could use the shovel as an oar! :)

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

Seeing the tires in the road makes me think we should raise funds to send a container of used tires!