Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mabasela BBC

Visited a church near to the mission this last Sunday. Seems like over the last few weeks - we have done a lot of travel. It was nice to stay local.

This church has been around for a while. Although the service didn't start on-time, once it did start, the place was packed! The service began with the children group singing a couple songs - and I must admit, children's voices usually put chills up my spine - but these kids really could harmonize and sounded quite beautiful.

The adults did a few choruses and dance songs - and finally it was my time to preach. The people were very attentive and after the service there was quite a buzz about the message. It is my prayer they will continue to think on the Scripture and all God's word to penetrate their life.

After the service I asked to speak with the leadership of the church. The deacons all came over and we spoke for a while about the church building project, and some different things - finally I asked - "so, where's the pastor?" Appears the pastor has gone missing - or should I say, is at his home - but just does not feel like coming to church anymore. Hmmm.... I counseled the leaders on some steps forward but feel the best thing to do is pray.

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hey Kevin Bayview will be praying for this church.
Thanks for being my favorite missionary!

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

Seems like you are favorite to many! We prayed for you, this church and the pastor in BEAMS devotion time this morning.