Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mpongwe Bible Baptist Church

Visited a new church plant this last Sunday - they are running around 100 but I found only about 65 in attendance. The pastor is an excited and zealous man. The deacons are responsible and excited about God doing a great work in this area. Currently the church is meeting in a school room they rent each Sunday. They do have hopes of building their own church but because of finances, that plan is a long way off.
This Sunday was one of those days in which it was tough to get moving. For some reason - I was just in a funk. I arrived at church and just didn't feel comfortable. However, after some singing and dancing - we got to preach. It was a wonderful day. There are just some times in which the Spirit of God moves in a service - I am not sure it mattered a bit what I actually was preaching on - the Lord was just in control! We gave an invitation at the end - 5 or 6 people came forward and 1 man received Christ as Saviour! It was a real thrill.
On the way home - as is customary, I picked up a person in need of a ride on our mission road. We dropped off one man - and now it was just him and I in the vehicle. He said to me, "missionary, may I ask you a question?" I assumed he was looking for a job or wanting something physical. However, he said to me, "what do I need to do to be born again?" Hallelujah! What a day!! We talked for some time - but there was a bit of a language barrier and so when we got back to the mission - one of our bible students was able to talk with him more - and eventually lead him to the Saviour as well!! Praise the LORD!

4 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

How exciting to see God at work! Praise the Lord He led you to pick that man up!

Unknown said...

imagine how good the day would have been if you weren't in a funk!!! ;) glad to hear about your good day. i'm trying to get a clip of alayna praying for you posted on here but i may just have to email it... she's hilarious.

Savannah said...

I loved reading this- So awesome how God works! Glad you were able to see all of God's work that day. :)

emily said...

love it! praise Him!! :) :)