Thursday, May 01, 2008

Shimibanga Baptist Church

Most churches I visit seem to be struggling along - week by week, not completely sure of how to best serve the Lord or what that even means. However, this last Sunday I visited Shimibanga Baptist Church. There is just something sweet about this church. From the leadership to the newest members, there is just a real excitement about the Lord.

Pastor Pule has delegated responsibility to some of his men allowing the service to run smoothly. After speaking with some other men after the service, it is clear - these people love the word of God and know what they are trying to accomplish. When I asked the question, "how can I help" - instead of this pastor pulling out his wish list of wants, he asked for prayer and possibly a few more Bibles. It was a sweet sound to my ear. Although the church is in need of plaster, paint, pews, doors, and some other items --- those items were not mentioned. The pastor has the church members contributing to slowly purchase these items. Jesus said, "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." It is my belief that the more a person invests into the things of God - the more they have ownership of it. I believe this church proves that point. Praise the LORD!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin. I have come across your blog and I was wondering. What is the least we need to do to end up in heaven? If someone confesses with their mouth that they are sinner and believe in Jesus will that be enough to get them there? Please answer me when you have a moment. This, I really need to know.

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just left above comment on how to end up in heaven. If you would rather email me you can reach me at mabeljohnson83@yahoo.com

Mrs. Vicky Smith said...

Amen!

Janice said...

Beautiful Church! And a nice building, too!!

Savannah said...

This is a wonderful update post!! I'm happy you were able to visit this church. Praise the Lord for their efforts!

Victoria said...

What a wonderful visit! How many churches do you have going? It sounds like a lot more than I originally thought - praise God!

I'll be praying for anonymous.

Kevin P said...

Vicky- we actually have a whole lot of churches sprinkled throughout Zambia. At one point - there was a huge church planting effort that resulted in around 200+ churches. Over the years, because of lack of discipleship - some of these churches no longer exist. So, I am now going around and trying to encourage the remaining churches to grow in grace and knowledge --- once the current churches are strengthened we will again move towards planting more churches!