Monday, September 15, 2014

not much but at least...

This Sunday I taught on the "purpose of our salvation". The thought occurred that it is likely many Christians only see salvation as that way of escape from judgment. But, truly, Biblical salvation forged from the nails at Calvary is the focal point of all Christianity. 

It is not my intention to re-hash my message from Sunday. I came to church prepared to preach. I came having thought through the materials. I came knowing what the day was going to be. And, yet, I stood before the people with much more angst than usual. Although for many --- many months I have been working to learn the language of ChiChewa, I just have not felt comfortable doing anything more than basic conversations, etc. This Sunday, circumstances fell into place, and I realized it was time to move outside my comfort zone. 

The Lord gave me the strength and ability I needed to get through my 30 minute lesson in Chichewa! I was excited and praising the Lord shortly after it finished. It may not seem like much but to teach in a foreign language for this thick head is no easy task. I still have a long way to go and looking back I realize I made some mistakes in my speech... but it was a good start. 


2 Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 

No comments: