Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Astoria, Oregon

Travel seems to be my life for the month of June. I am quite pleased to have a full preaching schedule but I am looking to travel many miles in the next few weeks. Fortunately, I have met some great people on the adventure...

My first move away from the Tacoma/Seattle area led me to Astoria - named the "San Francisco of Oregon" - its likeness comes through windy roads and amazingly steep hills. I was permitted to preach at Bayview Baptist Church in which the Lord blessed and many hearts were touched. I believe this church will pray for me and the work in Africa as well as possibly make the trip and get involved in the work! The Pastor set me up to stay at a members house - turned out to be a wonderful situation. The homeowners (Gary and Paula) were very hospitable and went out of their way to accommodate me. This family not only took care of me but took me on a tour of one of America's quaintest areas to live!


4 comments:

Michael & Erika Barone said...

Brother - preach the word!! Stop sight seeing! : )

Hindsey said...

Boy how the times have changed. When my family was on deputation we just went to minister in churches and stuff like that - no time for baseball games or anything.

Kevin P said...

amen...
just building relationships! isnt that part of the Great Commission?

jen said...

hey, that's a great artsy picture there!!