Monday, June 18, 2007

Marysville, WA

Sunday PM - services started at 7 pm at Northwest Baptist Church on Father's day. I met the pastor for dinner before the service to get to know and hear about his ministry as well as introduce where the Lord is directing me. His church is a growing group of believers eager to attempt great things for God.
The Sunday night service is my favorite time to preach. People seem more relaxed and ready to receive the word of God. After the service, no one was in a hurry to leave but many people stayed around to talk about the message and encourage each other. A huge highlight to this particular service involved a young lady coming forward and receiving Christ as Lord and Saviour. Always fun to be part of!!
This month long trip to the Pacific Northwest has allowed me to come into contact with so many people. I honestly count it a huge privildge to open God's word and allow the Spirit of God to inspire and convince believers to take that next step of faith - To God be the Glory!

3 comments:

Peculiar Pete said...

Hey, I am going to Marysville in two weeks! Too bad you won't be there then.

Kevin P said...

cool... what will you be there for? Maybe I can hook you up with the Pastor I met - great guy!

Peculiar Pete said...

Bailey and I will be going to visit family. If it is the church that I'm think of, it is just up the street a little ways from where we will be staying. They have been looking for a church for awhile. We will have to visit!