Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 2009 Refresher Course

This year's refresher course was different than in the past. Normally we have some men from the States come in an preach/teach on a certain subject or theme that we have seen to be a weakness or an area that needs improvement. This year, I wanted to see the Zambian pastors take the responsibility for encouraging and challenging each other. I made the theme this year to be "men of God" and I picked 10 different men from the Scriptures and asked each man to speak for 90 minutes. It was wonderful!! I chose both town pastors and rural pastors - each man stepped up to the challenge.

I believe this is a history book week! The 55 pastors that came were challenged as the Spirit of God worked in all of our hearts. When I asked a couple different men their thoughts about this format, the response, "fantastic" and "wonderful". We were all refreshed as we sat aside the things of the world for the week and just feasted from God's word!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Mature Fruit is a beautiful thing! Well Done grasshopper! :)